In many instances, the difference, between effective leaders, and the rest, of the pack, is, the former, consistently, ESTABLISH their focus, emphasis, priorities, goals, ideas, and solutions, and the others, proceed, in a less – considered, manner! While many, either, are elected, selected, appointed, and/ or, ascend to positions of leaders, organizations should consider themselves, blessed and fortunate, when they identify, an individual, who is ready, willing, and prepared, to make a true difference, for the better! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, some of the essential considerations, for anyone, who wishes, to become, one of these rare leaders.
1. Empathy; emphasis; excellence; endurance: When one, listens far more often (and before), he speaks, and does so, effectively, he must proceed, consistently, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! This must focus his emphasis, towards quality, excellence, and a fully – considered, course of action! One must possess the endurance, to strive forward, when lesser individuals, become overwhelmed!
2. System: It always takes a well – formulated, and considered, system, to achieve quality objectives, and take his group, where it needs, to be!
3. Timely: There is no place, for procrastination, but, rather, it’s essential, to proceed, with well – considered, timely action, which emphasizes, what’s best for his organization, and stakeholders!
4. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate; actions: Begin the process, with a positive, can – do, attitude, and combine that, with a well – developed, aptitude, and skill – set. When a leader commits to consistently, paying keen attention, to both, current needs (in a relevant way), with the potential longer – term ramifications, his group benefits! Quality leaders must clearly articulate, their perspectives, priorities, goals, ideas, and rationale, and why, they are seeking specific actions!
5. Benefits; beliefs: How does a great leader’s beliefs, align, with the potential benefits (as opposed to the risks, using a risk/ reward model)?
6. Listen; learn; leadership: Great leaders effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience, in order to deliver the most effective, meaningful, relevant leadership!
7. Ideas; integrity; ideology; imagination; intents: How one’s ideas, align with quality intentions, organizations benefit! When one proceeds, with genuine, absolute integrity, and aligns it, with the core ideology, of those he serves, and represents, he enhances his potential! An innovative soul, combined with a well – considered, relevant imagination, brings about the best leadership, possible!
8. Service; sustainable solutions: If you want to provide meaningful service, focus and emphasize, well – considered, sustainable solutions!
9. Healing; head/ heart: It isn’t leading, unless the emphasis is on meaningful, healing, and the best interests of his group, and stakeholders! This requires, combining, meaningfully, using, one’s logical and emotional components, in a head/ heart balance!
Do you, have, what it takes, to ESTABLISH your focus, in a meaningful manner? Are you the right person, to become a real leader?